SAFETY: IT’S JUST GOOD BUSINESS
At Woodford Oil Company, no aspect of business is more important than ensuring the safety of our employees and customers. We believe that most accidents can be prevented and that safety is everyone’s responsibility, from management, to dispatcher, to driver.
To foster this philosophy, Woodford Oil has a full-time Safety Administrator to develop and implement safety training for management and staff. The Safety Administrator’s job is not only to focus on ensuring this philosophy is followed, but to motivate employees to act safely at all times and in all aspects of their life (work and home).
We have regularly scheduled field and classroom training sessions on all relevant safety standards, including confined space access, industrial lift trucks, hazard communication, spill prevention, and hazardous materials security.
Our safety program is compliant with all federal, state and local regulations, including the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) requirements for general industry.
Through consistent application of our safety philosophy, we actively promote a work environment that contributes to the positive attitudes and safe practices of all employees.
We firmly believe that translates into superior performance for our customers. And that means safety is not just good policy, it’s good business.
Woodford’s Core Safety Values
- Most accidents and injuries are preventable
- All operating exposures can be safeguarded
- Training employees to work safely is essential
- Working safely is a condition of employment
- Injury/Illness prevention has a direct impact on employee morale, productivity, company earnings and customer satisfaction
- Recognizing safe behaviors cultivates better understanding of our policies, philosophy and practices
- All employees are empowered to stop any unsafe job or project through the “Stop Work Authority” program